5-D Value applied to Amazon
In Amazon: Managing Extraordinary Success in 5-D Value the firm is shown to be unique in managing the complexity of three primary dimensions of value: owningthe best in the supply chain, doing in the individualized website, and knowing the right info and terms for after-sales customer experience. Amazon’s development from online to omnichannel retail including the sale of services would be best accomplished by perceiving the lifestyle in the fourth dimension of value: feeling how to integrate value, which Amazon had done in the past. The long-term potential of the company is assessed by projecting trends today in the emerging fifth dimension of value — meaning across multiple communities — into a sustainable future for retail.
“Amazon: Managing Extraordinary Success in 5-D Value examines valuable business that can be learned from Amazon’s extraordinary success…. is an excellent reference and resource, and a choice pick for entrepreneurs and management professionals.”
Willis Buhle, Midwest Book Review
The complete book review is available here.
Amazon: Managing Extraordinary Success in 5-D Value will be available as of December 3, 2019 through your favorite bookstore or online on the following sites:
5-D Value in the American Auto Market
Tesla, Big 3 and Toyota: Leaders in Managing 5-D Value in the US Auto Market (2016) analyzes the US auto industry in terms of the internal and external success factors of 5-D Value. It shows that:
• Tesla’s success will depend upon online sales and personnel management –and not simply the world-leading cars (Deep-Connect)
• GM is perhaps too solid today to move tomorrow (Degree)
• Ford wakes enthusiasm with its vision of “green” lifestyle cars (Delight)
• Chrysler’s maverick organization and car designs are becoming more broad-based (Deed)
• Toyota may be “boring” at times but it is explorative (Dexterity).
Mastering Value Management in 5-D: Detailed Insights into the Complex Diversity at Tesla, the Big 3 and Toyota (2016) has the same topics as above with less analytical focus and more empirical and historical detail for fans of autos and auto companies.
5-D Value in the European Auto Market
BMW, Daimler, Fiat, PSA, Renault and Volkswagen: Leaders in Managing 5-D Value in the European Auto Industry (2017) analyzes the European auto industry in terms of the internal and external success factors of 5-D Value. It shows that:
• BMW is a leader in electric and combustions engines (Delight) as well as in a new paradigm for mobility solutions (Deep-Connect)
• Daimler is the technology leader in digitalization and assisted/autonomous driving (Degree)
• Fiat offers advanced cars and mobility services enriched via national value chains (Degree)
• PSA and its major brands Peugeot and Citroen set new standards in distribution and multibrandmanagement (Dexterity)
• Renault develops a new ecosystem and cars for novel transport missions (Deed)
• VW is the market barometer for innovations across both the value chain and technologies (Dexterity).
The Complex Diversity of Mastering 5-D Value Management at BMW, Daimler, Fiat, PSA, Renault and Volkswagen (2017) has the same topics as above with less analytical focus and more empirical and historical detail for fans of autos and auto companies.