Patagonia is one of the pioneers in Deep-Connect value building a new way of doing business. Regarding sustainability, Patagonia wants to give back more to the environment than it takes. Regarding customers, Patagonia wants them to gain more value for themselves in multiple contexts.
Patagonia offers primary value in Deep-Connect: The relation to the firm integrates the essence of the customer with the essence of multiple contexts to give meaning to the life of the customer :
1. Entrenched in Outdoor Activity: The materials and functional design of the clothes match and intensify the experience of the outdoor activity, giving greater depth to the person of the wearer and more meaning to the activity;
2. “Stories We Wear”/”Better Than New”: Reciprocally reinforcing with the entrenchment, the private and own history of the wearer is written into the wear and tear of the highly durable clothes, adding personal value to them;
3. Connoisseur of modern technology: Again linked with the entrenchment, the clothes are superb pieces of the latest design and technology. The customer feels connected to the future and sponsors modern technology Made in the USA;
4. Public/Private Environmental Statement: Patagonia’s stance to defend the environment is becoming well-known, and wearing the clothes is a private statement to the general public giving deeper meaning on the day;
5. Responsible Operations: Reciprocally reinforcing with the environmental statement, the raw materials and production processes of Patagonia and its suppliers reduce the harmful impact on the environment while promoting worker rights and sound working conditions, giving the informed customer new meaning in consuming responsibly-produced clothes; and
6. New Paradigm of Societal Transformation: Linking contexts 3 – 6, Patagonia is engaged in wider initiatives for the environment and responsible business, connecting its customers to a new paradigm transforming the economy, society and the environment.